exeter – The Exeter Unified School District Board of Trustees is establishing a Citizen’s Bond Oversight Committee to review expenditures from construction activity associated with Measure K, the $18 million approved by District voters on Nov. 8, 2016. The Committee will be responsible for ensuring that bond revenues are used only as voters intended and for informing the public of bond expenditures. The Board invites all interested community members to apply for service on the Bond Oversight Committee.
The Bond Oversight Committee must have at least seven members. In addition to two members of the community at large, there must be at least one member from each of the following groups:
• One member who is active in a business organization representing the business community located within the school district.
• One member who is active in a senior citizen’s organization.
• One member who is the parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the school district.
• One member who is the parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the school district and is active in a parent-teacher organization.
• One member who is active in a bona-fide taxpayer’s organization.
The Committee may not include any employee or official of the school district or any vendor, contractor, or consultant of the school district. Committee members must be at least 18 years old, and preference will by given to members who live within the geographic boundary of the District.
The Committee will be responsible for making reports to the Board and the community about bond expenditures.
The Committee is required to meet at least one time per year, or more frequently as it deems necessary to fulfill its duty. It is estimated at this time that the Committee will meet approximately two to three times per year, with specific meeting dates to be determined by the Committee. Committee members will be appointed by the Board to serve a two-year term. A maximum of three consecutive two-year terms is allowed under the law.
Applications can be found online at www.exeter.k12.ca.us/static/uploads/cocapp.pdf or interested candidates can call the district office for more information at 559-592-9421.