Lindsay man gets 2nd, 3rd degree burns while working on van

A Lindsay man was airlifted to Fresno last week after being badly burned while working on his van in the driveway.

The accident happened at about 2:19 p.m. on Sept. 29. According to the Tulare County Fire Department, a Sheriff’s deputy was driving in the 20000 block of Avenue 237 in Lindsay when he noticed a ball of fire come from the rear of a van parked in a driveway.

The deputy stopped and found the man had been injured. Fire personnel reported the owner of the van suffered second degree burns to his face and arms along with third degree burns to both his hands.

Exeter Ambulance arrived on scene and fire personnel assisted with packaging the patient for transport. The man stated he was removing the gas tank from the vehicle when it ignited. He attempted to kick the tank out of the area when he was injured. He was transported to the Exeter Airport where he was airlifted to the Community Regional Medical Center Burn Unit in Fresno.

Two engines responded to the fire which had already been extinguished by neighbors. There was damage to the van and a boat parked next to it.

 

Overheating exhaust fan fans the flames at Exeter apartment fire

An exhaust fan overheated and caused a fire in a small Exeter apartment building last week.

According to the Tulare County Fire Department, three engines, one fire truck, onebreathing support and a battalion chief responded to a report of a fire at 316 W. Chestnut St.

Fire officials said there was an audible alarm sounding at the two story, four plex when firefighters arrived and the smell of smoke filled the air. However, when firefighters entered the #4 unit, the source of the fire was not observed within the apartment.

Fire personnel began pulling ceiling to locate the source of the smoke. Source of the fire and smoke was found within the bathroom ceiling. The source of the fire was found to be the exhaust fan within the bathroom.

Start typing and press Enter to search