Nonprofits serving youth in Visalia can apply for up to $6,500
VISALIA – Nonprofit organizations that serve Visalia youth are invited to apply for the 2018-2019 Nonprofit Program Fund.
Administered by the Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC), this program is a funding mechanism that assists non-profit and local government agencies in providing programs and services aimed at improving the quality of life for youth and helping gang prevention/intervention programs.
Applications are available now, with two application workshops scheduled for later this month. A competitive process, the focus of funding is:
• Applicants must be a nonprofit or local government agency operating in the City of Visalia.
• The non-profit to be funded must benefit youth. A minimum of 50% of the approved annual funding amount will be awarded to non-profits or local government agencies for gang prevention/intervention programs or projects, provided qualified applications are received. If not enough qualified applications are received, funding will be dispersed to other qualified applicants at the discretion of the CAC.
• Grants will be awarded at a minimum amount of $1,000 and are limited to a maximum of $6,500 for the 2018-19 fiscal year. Grants will be funded for continuing programs, new programs, or scholarship programs.
• Requests for funding must be for programs or projects that will benefit residents of the City of Visalia.
• Agencies that have received this funding for the last two consecutive fiscal years (2016-17 and 2017-18) will not be eligible for funding in 2018-19. Those agencies will be eligible to apply for funding in 2019-20.
A subcommittee of the Citizens Advisory Committee, which oversees the grant process and makes recommendations on funding to the City Council, will offer two grant application workshops. These will be conducted from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 21 and from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 23. Both grant application workshops will be held in the City Council Chambers, 707 W. Acequia Ave. in Visalia. No reservations are necessary, all applying organizations are encouraged to attend one of the two Grant Application Workshops.
The deadline to submit applications is Sept. 17 by noon. The CAC will make grant award recommendation to the City Council at the Monday, Oct. 15 City Council meeting.
Grant applications are available online at www.visalia.city, in-person at City Hall West, 707 W. Acequia Ave., or by requesting one via email from Ruth Peña, City of Visalia Financial Analyst, at [email protected]. For more information, contact Ruth Peña 713-4327 or [email protected].