Sheriff’s County Apprehension Team Tracking Criminals in Hiding (CATTCH) Unit still seeking man in connection with Tulare murder
TULARE COUNTY – Police are still searching for the person they believe shot and killed a Tulare man more than a year and a half ago.
Gerardo Vivanco Lopez, 38, of Tulare is wanted in connection with a homicide of 41-year-old Adam Hernandez, Sr. of Tulare on May 30, 2018. According to the Tulare County Sheriff’s Office, Hernandez was shot and killed around 8:30 a.m. after a physical altercation in the 14000 block of Avenue 228 east of Tulare.
An autopsy conducted the next day determined Hernandez’s cause of death to be multiple gunshot wounds to the chest. During the course of the investigation, detectives with the violent crimes unit identified Lopez as the primary suspect for the murder. Lopez fled the area shortly after the shooting and could possibly still be driving a white 2005 Chevrolet Van with the license plate 8Y31854 that was identified by police in May 2018. Detectives have served multiple search warrants at residences in the Tulare area in connection to this murder but have been unable to find Lopez.
The Tulare County Sheriff’s Office is asking anyone with information about the crime or Lopez’s whereabouts to call Detective VanCuren, Sergeant. Marks or Lieutenant Torres with the Tulare County Sheriff’s Office Violent Crimes unit at 559-733-6218 or they can remain anonymous by calling or texting 559-725-4194 or through email at [email protected].
Lopez is one of eight people remaining on Tulare County’s Top 10 most wanted fugitives in hiding. The list is compiled and monitored by the County Apprehension Team Tracking Criminals in Hiding (CATTCH) Unit. CATTCH was formed in October 2015 to assist the investigations and patrol divisions of the Sheriff’s Office in locating and apprehending outstanding criminals in hiding. The remaining top 10 fugitives in hiding are:
- Jesus Rebolledo Garcia, 21, of Pixley/Earlimart: He is wanted for two active felony warrants for violation of probation and attempted robbery. Garcia is also wanted for a misdemeanor DUI warrant.
- Luis Aceves Salcedo, 37, of Ivanhoe: He is wanted for attempted murder. He also two additional felony warrants for assault with a deadly weapon and other weapons violations.
- Royan Isquierdo, 28, of Exeter: He is wanted for a felony warrant for assault with a deadly weapon.
- Anthony Mendez, 36, of Porterville: He is wanted for possession of a firearm, witness intimidation and for DUI.
- Miguel Angel Rodriguez, 25: Rodriguez has an active felony warrant for armed robbery and should be considered armed and dangerous.
- Martin Saldana, 25, of Woodlake: He has been identified as one of the suspects in the death of 21-year-old Richard Zepeda of Woodlake in 2013.
- Gilbert Gonzalez Salinas, 53, of Terra Bella: He has two outstanding warrants for failing to register as a sex offender and domestic violence.
Two names recently came off the list when they caught by the Sheriff’s Department.
- Casimiro Blanco, 32, of London/Dinuba was arrested on felony warrants for violation of probation, possession of ammunition by a felon, and an out of state warrant for escaping community custody.
- Carlos Omar Retamoza, 25, of Pixley was arrested on felony warrants for possession of a stolen vehicle and misdemeanor warrants for failing to appear in court.
Along with the pursuit of criminals in hiding, the CATTCH Unit is tasked with updating the list of Tulare County Sheriff’s Top 10 fugitives in custody. Others top 10 fugitives captured in the last year include:
- Michael Orta, 21, of Exeter was arrested on a felony warrant for assault with a deadly weapon.
- Ernie Hernandez, 34, of Strathmore was arrested for two felony warrants for possession of methamphetamine for sales and possession of stolen property.
- Enrique Rayon, 22, was arrested for assaulting a peace officer, possession of a stolen vehicle, resisting arrest and evading a peace officer while driving under the influence.
- Jose Meza Hernandez, 44, of Woodville was arrested on three warrants all for failing to register as a sex offender.
- Alberto Escobar, 33, of Visalia/Ivanhoe was arrested on a no bail warrant for violating his parole.
- Yvonne Corina Martinez, 41, of Cutler-Orosi was arrested on a felony warrant for cultivation of marijuana and violating her probation.
- Anselmo Ruiz Aguilera, 35, of Porterville, aka “Charlie Brown”, was arrested on a warrant for violating his probation for multiple counts of being a felon in possession of a firearm.
- Jose Luis Gonzalez, 54, of Cutler-Orosi was arrested as the primary suspect in the death of a man over this last Thanksgiving weekend.
- Rosalina Lopez-Perez, 41, was arrested on a felony warrant.
- Lewis Nathaniel Fowler, 36, was arrested on seven active warrants for the possession, transportation and sales of drugs along with obstruction and possessing a firearm while committing a felony.