The following page is an aggregation of the relevant and accurate information and data on the coronavirus pandemic available from government and trusted public sources. The information will be continuously updated as new facts are made available.
Total number of COVID-19 cases and related deaths
|COVID-19 cases||COVID-19-related deaths|
|San Joaquin Valley||
Last updated: 10:43 a.m. September 20, 2021
Vaccinations are currently being administered to residents in Tulare County for adults aged 16 and older, and youth aged 12 to 15. Visit covid19.tularecounty.ca.gov/covid-19-vaccine for more information.
California is reopening
California has moved beyond the blueprint to safely and fully reopen the economy.
As of June 15, 2021, the governor terminated the executive orders that put into place the Stay Home Order and the Blueprint for a Safer Economy. He also phased out the vast majority of executive actions put in place since March 2020 as part of the pandemic response, leaving a subset of provisions that facilitate the ongoing recovery.
The new public health order effective June 15 supersedes all prior health orders. The order has limited restrictions, only related to masking and mega-events, as well as settings serving children and youth pending an expected update to the K-12 schools guidance by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Restrictions that ended on June 15 include:
- Physical distancing
- Capacity limits on businesses
- County tier system
Read the Governor’s orders: N-07-21 and N-08-21. Find details in the California Department of Public Health’s Beyond the Blueprint for Industry and Business Sectors and the Questions & Answers.
Government, academic and health resources
- Tulare County Health and Human Services Agency updates
- City of Visalia updates
- Visalia Unified School District grab-and-go meals
- Google Map locations for all of the pick-up spots for grab-and-go
- Kaweah Delta Health Center updates
- California Department Of Public Health updates
- California Labor Commissioner’s Office updates
- Gov. Newsom’s Facebook and Twitter pages. Check for updates and tune in for livestream addresses.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency disaster guide
- Centers For Disease Control And Prevention updates
- World Health Organization updates
- Johns Hopkins University Center for Systems Science and Engineering