Two charged for toddler’s murder in Visalia

Tulare County DA Tim Ward announces murder charges for Jasmine Blase and Ezequiel Ramirez after the death of their one-year-old child

TULARE COUNTY – The tragic death of a one-year-old child early this month has led to the murder and torture charges of the parents allegedly involved.

Both suspects, Ezequiel Ramirez, 22 and Jasmine Blase, 18, were charged with murder last week for their alleged role in the death and torture of a toddler.

Tulare County District Attorney Tim Ward announced charges stating that both, “are each charged with one count of murder, assault on a child causing death, and torture. Additionally, Ramirez faces the special circumstance of murder with torture and special allegations of possessing a prior strike and prior felonies.”

Ezequiel Ramirez
22 years old

The Visalia Police Department issued their arrest report on June 5 noting the homicide and child abuse resulting in great bodily injury at a Motel 6 on Nobel Avenue.

According to the police department, patrol officers were dispatched to Motel 6 regarding an unresponsive child. The one-year-old victim was found to be suffering from several severe injuries. The child was transferred to local hospitals for treatment. Blase, the child’s mother was taken into custody for child abuse and booked at the Tulare County adult pretrail facility.

Visalia later updated their report and announced the arrest of Ramirez on June 9. At approximately 4:30 p.m. Visalia police arrested him in Fresno for his involvement in the case. Visalia was assisted by the California Department of Corrections, the Office of Correctional Safety-Fugitive Apprehension Team and U.S. Marshals. Ramirez was transported to the Visalia Police Department for questioning and later booked at the Tulare County adult pretrail facility. 

Jasmine Blase
18 years old

According to Visalia police, information obtained during the investigation determined Ramirez, along with Blase, caused injuries to their one-year-old child, which includes multiple fractured bones and significant head trauma. 

As a result of this trauma, the victim was transported to Valley Children’s Hospital for testing and treatment. Based on the testing completed, no brain function was observed and the child has been declared clinically deceased by medical staff. As of press time the child remained on life support in order to determine donor options.

Start typing and press Enter to search