Private burial for Norma Doris May Lovering Hardison, 97, of Three Rivers was held on May 1 at the Three Rivers Cemetery. She died April 23.
She was born on June 30, 1906 to Nell (Weaver) and Bob Lovering in Anaheim. In 1908 the family traveled for three weeks by wagon to property in Three Rivers. She attended the old Three Rivers School for part of her early education. She graduated from Fullerton High School where she met and married her husband of 56 years, Arthur "Sonny" A. Hardison. They were married on Dec. 1, 1926.
She lived many places in her lifetime, including Sonora, Mexico, Houston, Texas and El Dorado, Ark. then to South Gate, Calif. where her children attended school. In 1945 they returned to Three Rivers. She worked for Three Rivers Union School from 1954-1968. In 1974 moved to Grover Beach, Calif. Her husband died in 1982 after which she returned to Three Rivers and assisted with the kindergarten class for three years. She traveled to Europe, the Orient, and much of the U.S. with the Three Rivers Travel Club. She was preceded in death by her grandson, Earl McKee III in 1984; and by her mother, aunt, niece, and husband who were all cancer victims.
She is survived by her son and daughter-in-law, Roy and Frances Hardison; grandchildren, Marty and wife Doreen Hardison, Brad and wife Daria Hardison, Steve and wife Chanin Hardison; great-grandchildren, Karen Hardison, Isiah Hardison, Darla Hensley, Steven Ripley, Tyler Hardison, George Metzger; great-great-grandchild Natalie Hardison all of Modesto. She is also survived by her daughter and son-in-law; Gaynor and Earl McKee and nephew, Martin Lovering of Three Rivers; grandchildren; Linda and husband Mike Amaral of Visalia, Chearl McKee of Laguna Beach; great-grandchildren; Gracie Robello, Hilary and husband Robert Rodriguez, and Katherine Robello; great-great-grandchild Jacob Rodriguez; sister-in-law, Alice Hardison of Idaho.
Condolences may be sent to the Cancer Society of your choice in Norma's name. Arrangements were under the direction of Evans Miller Exeter Chapel.