The game will be held on June 26 at 7 p.m. at Lions Stadium
EXETER – The 60th edition of the annual East/West High School All-Star Baseball game will be returning back home to where it all began. For the first time in 10 years, the game will be held at Lions Stadium in Exeter on June 26 at 7 p.m.
Since 2011 the game has been held at the Visalia Rawhide’s stadium. This event is designed to show-case the talents of some of the finest young athletes in this part of the Valley as 27 high schools located from Dinuba to Delano will participate. All Participants are high school seniors who were nominated by their coaches and selected by the Exeter Lions Club selection committee and are a credit to their coaches and communities.
The game got its start back in 1960 when Bob Heath, a young administrator at Exeter Union High School began the Exeter Charity Baseball Game. With the assistance of several Exeter residents, planning was set in motion for the first game to be held that year in June.
The Exeter Lions made the game their own in 1964 under the leadership of president Weldon Johnson. The Lions have continued through the years to direct the game through its phases and for the past 40 years Lions Mickey Hirni, and Gene Fegruson and Bruce Carter have chaired the event.
In its early inception, the game was a North versus South game that featured high school players from Madera and Fresno Counties against Tulare, Kings and Kern Counties teams. The game began featuring so much talent in 1963, 39 professional baseball scouts attended the Lions All-Star contest.
In 1972, the game entered its current formant when Fresno and Madera counties schools branched off to hold their own all-star game, turning the Lion’s game into a battle of East vs. West. Proceeds from this event over the years have been used from youth activities in Exeter and the improvement of the Exeter Lions Baseball Stadium.
- Exeter: Dylan See, Chris Farias, Hank Williams and Jackson Brooks
- Farmersville: Chris Casas
- Golden West: Nick Lopez
- Granite Hills: Chris Chavez
- Lindsay: Eddie Frias
- Mission Oak: James Thompson
- Monache: Jesus Cabanyog and Jose Segura
- Redwood: Lee Travino, Dacota Brown and Chase Banks
- Strathmore: Jacob Flores
- Tulare Union: Jacob Costa and Jereme Terronez
- Tulare Western: Chase Gomez, Anthony Alcaraz and Claudio Aguilar
- Central Valley Christian: Carson Pemental and Josh Reece
- Chavez: Julian Franco
- Corcoran: Herminio Luna
- Delano: Ramiro Basutro
- Dinuba: Jesse Ortega and Josh Gonzalez
- El Diamante: Cole Yoshida, Austin Beno, Colton Montgomery and Ryder Hartman
- Hanford: West Bobby Shoals
- Kennedy: Frankie Ruiz and Casey Jasso
- Lemoore: Anfernee Murrieta and Diego Ambriz
- Mt. Whitney: Aldan Carney and Parker Westmorland
- Sierra Pacific: Colby Jones and Matthew Lauren